NYHRPS has a program committee that works closely with the other committees and the Board to bring a wide variety of thought leadership and topical programs to the membership. We always welcome feedback and input on current and potential programs. We also appreciate the interest in proposing new program ideas.
The Program Committee typically plans programs one year in advance. They use input from membership surveys, the experience of other affiliates and national HRPS, and recommendations from the Board to continue to provide thought leadership, practical benchmarking, and stimulating topics for the seasoned membership community.
The Program Committee also follows guidelines in shaping the actual presentations:
- no sales pitches, pure “product presentations”, and self promotion
- when consultants present it is preferred they bring a client for the focus of the story
- excellent visual content or takeaways
- opportunity for audience interaction or participation
- senior voices or new thought leadership that the audience may not be aware of or providing new insight on universal issues across industry sectors
- strong personal presentation skills (usually with the referral of someone who has heard the speaker previously)
If you would like to propose a program, idea by email or hard copy, please include the items below on a cover sheet. The proposal will be sent to and acknowledged by a member of the program committee. Most likely the response will be:
a) the topic does not fit right now, but will be listed “for consideration”
b) interesting topic/speaker to develop for the forthcoming year
c)we appreciate your interest but the program committee is declining.
NYHR People & Strategy
459 Columbus Avenue, PMB 357
New York, NY 10024
Program Proposal For NYHRPS
Background, Context, Issues, POV to be discussed:
Audience Interaction….i.e., questions from speaker, small group discussion, roundtable
Other Credits/Speaking Experience:
Contact Information For Person Proposing:
Contact Information For Speaker(s) ….if available