THE CORNER OFFICE: WHAT CEOs NEED NOW FROM HR
For years, CEOs have embraced the phrase “strategic CHRO.” But their actions have not always included inviting HR into the strategic discussions that mattered most. Increasingly, top execs are recognizing the central role HR can play to help navigate this era of disruption and to build cultures into a competitive advantage for recruiting, retention and development. Based on over 500 CEO interviews Adam Bryant conducted for “Corner Office,” a weekly New York Times column on leadership and management, Merryck & Co’s in-depth interviews with dozens of leading CHROs and board directors, Adam will share insights of HR leaders who are making the greatest impact in helping drive their companies’ strategies.
● What do organizations have to learn to do differently to “hear” the voice of strategic HR leaders?
● What separates the top HR leaders from others?
● What are the key challenges facing HR leaders today?
● What will be the purview of HR years from now?
● What career path today best prepares you for the CPO or CHRO role of tomorrow?
● An understanding of how to best engage their senior leaders
● Insights into being a more effective team player, whether at the top of the BU or C-suite level
● Awareness of how to widen HR’s scope of influence
● A clear sense of where the function is headed
● The top 3 mistakes that senior HR leaders make — and how to avoid them.
Adam Bryant is managing director of Merryck & Co., a senior leadership development and executive mentoring firm, and a contributor to CNBC, conducting CEO interviews for the “Art of Leading” series on CNBC.com.
Prior to joining Merryck in 2017, Bryant worked for 30 years as a journalist, including 18 years as a reporter, editor and columnist at The New York Times. He interviewed more than 500 CEOs for “Corner Office,” a weekly series on leadership and management that he created in 2009.
He is the author of two books based on themes that emerged from those interviews, “Quick and Nimble; Lessons from Leading CEOs on How to Create a Culture of Innovation,” and “The Corner Office; Indispensable and Unexpected Lessons from CEOs on How to Lead and Succeed.” Bryant is a frequent speaker at business schools, industry events and corporate off-sites.
NYHRPS gratefully acknowledges Beacon Hill Staffing Group for underwriting this program.
Beacon Hill Staffing Group was founded by industry leaders to set a new standard in search, career placement and flexible staffing, we deliver coordinated staffing solutions with unparalleled service, a commitment to project completion and success and a passion for innovation, creativity and continuous improvement. Beacon Hill HR, a division of Beacon Hill Staffing Group, provides executive search and direct-hire, contract and temporary staffing, and contract-to-hire services across the entire spectrum of human resources positions, covering all industries and levels.