REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS CLOSED.
Please note date and time change for this event
Tuesday, May 21, 2019
8:00 am - 12:30 pm
Includes Buffet Breakfast & Lunch
STRATEGIC APPLICATIONS SESSION
Design thinking builds prototypes of the future; it doesn't dwell on practices from the past. You choose the most promising ones and create your future that best works for your company and culture. If you want to speed up the development of solutions, you'll learn as new methodology to achieve these goals.
- Know why thinking differently is important to HR and business leaders for solving problems and inventing solutions
- Use decision criteria for a Design Thinking culture and be prepared for the ripple effects on the business
- Discuss scenarios with your HR peers
- Learn why and how to use it in your organization
- Utilize design thinking to solve your HR issues
- Redesign HR processes to be more adaptive and agile
Who is this program for?
If you are a Senior HR Leader:
- Impact: looking for ways to make an impact through innovative strategies
- Results: aspiring to support the business and show results in a differentiated way
- Future-proof: wanting to future-proof your career and your organization
What are the goals and objectives for the workshop?
We hope to create a cohort of new breed of leaders who can bravely take their organization into the future of work. Additionally, we intend to:
- New tools: Expose participants to the Design Thinking methods and tools that can have positive impact on the business
- New skills: Enable participants to apply and practice design thinking to specific problems HR professionals are facing today. Learn strategies for introducing Design Thinking when your organization is at different levels of cultural maturity
- New tribe: Form a community that continues beyond the workshop
You will walk away with:
- A great understanding of how and why you would introduce a design thinking initiative and decision-making tools in your organization
- New practical ideas to implement in HR organization
- A support network in the design thinking area
Claudio Garcia is currently Executive Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Development. Claudio has responsibility for Lee Hecht Harrison's business strategies and to identify sources of innovation and growth for the company which has operations in 60+ countries around the world. He also oversees Lee Hecht Harrison's practice areas, with focus on innovating and developing the client experience and delivery capabilities.
Stela Lupushor is a thought leader, speaker and futurist on a mission to humanize the workplace. She works with the Conference Board's Fortune 500 corporations-members on building global workforce strategies and founded Reframe.Work Inc. to consult leaders on the workplace, HR and analytics strategies. Stela is also the founder of amazing.community, a non-profit focused on extending the work horizon for women. Previously Stela transformed the workplace at the intersection of technology, analytics and HR at Fidelity investments, TIAA, IBM, Price Waterhouse and PwC Consulting and their clients.
Chuck Ruud is a Strategy Designer for Business Model, Inc., a global business design agency specializing in strategy and co-innovation. He works with his clients to develop ideas and bring them to fully realized products and businesses. He does this by developing an understanding and empathy for the people who use their products and services, connecting the dots on complex problems, and designs for actionable business opportunities. Further, he helps teams apply design thinking throughout the process. Mr. Ruud has worked across industries including consumer goods, healthcare, non-profits, manufacturing, fashion, and technology service companies. He received his BS in Industrial Design from Wentworth Institute of Technology and MPS degree in Design Management from the Pratt Institute.
Who is this program for: HR decision makers with the responsibility for preparing their organization for new technologies, disruption, and the speed of change.
Space is limited. Seats will be filled on a first come, first served basis among members and non-members who are prepared to actively participate in the discussions on strategic decision making and design thinking. Priority will be given to internal HR practitioners.
Ready to learn more about Design Thinking? Then this workshop is for you!