REGISTRATION TO OPEN SOON
Employee Experience Matters More Than Ever Post COVID-19
Employee experience or EX as it is referred to, is more important now than ever as companies create new people practices and strategies for remote workers and their managers. Employee experience is defined by Future Workplace as “the sum total of all the experiences an employee has when interacting with their employer from people services, culture, leadership, digital and physical workspace. This refers to all segments of employees from job candidates, to front line workers, plant workers, knowledge workers, managers, alumni, and contingent workers.
This session will focus on five key takeaways:
- Understand why and how a cross section of companies are focusing on creating a compelling employee experiences;
- Examine how employee experience can be a differentiator for the employer and how companies are managing the experiences that impact employee engagement;
- Understand how agile methods are being used to create iterative improvements in the employee experiences and track success;
- Share critical lessons for enterprise wide success and key metrics for tracking employee experience;
- Identify new HR job roles that focus on designing and monitoring employee experiences.
Jeanne Meister is Managing Partner at Future Workplace, an HR advisory and membership firm preparing HR leaders and their teams to drive business impact, expand their skills, and adapt to the trends that matter most in the future of work. They provide HR and Learning peer networks in the Future Workplace Network, online courses in Future Workplace Academy, and research on the future workforce and workplace. Jeanne is the co-author of The 2020 Workplace and The Future Workplace Experience books. Jeanne is also one of the top 100 HR TECH Influencers by HR Executive Magazine. Jeanne is a Forbes Contributor and her column The Impact of the Coronavirus on HR and the New Normal of Work has gone viral since its publication date with over 50,000 page views.