Please join us in expanding our network and making NYHRPS successful! Get involved in one or more activities to connect with others and help our community to thrive.
The NYHRPS Board is grateful to those members who contribute throughout the year, mainly through work on our Program, Marketing and Membership Committees.
There are several important roles in which volunteers are instrumental but do not require a significant time commitment. For example, some are performed on-site at events, and others are research or planning-type activities that can be done independently, depending on your personal schedule. You can sign up for a “one-time-only” opportunity, or contribute your time on a more frequent basis.
- Greet and check-in attendees at the meeting room
- Invite guests to become members as they exit at end of the meeting
Identify and implement strategies to:
- Establish and promote the NYHRPS brand
- Attract and retain members
- Encourage attendance at events
- Communicate with membership
- Design/Improve/Maintain NYHRPS website and communications
- Build and leverage our social media presence
- Take photographs at our events
- Create and implement strategies for membership acquisition and retention
- Encourage members to renew their membership and guests to join
- Collaborate with committee members to identify and contact potential members
- Identify and invite companies to become Corporate Members
- Welcome, on-board and engage new members
- Organize the annual NYHRPS Social
- Collect “voice of the customer” feedback from members
- Coordinate with Marketing on member acquisition efforts
- Identify, contact and book speakers and venues for new programs
- Prepare speakers to ensure an effective mix of presentation and member participation
- Coordinate with Marketing on program communications and social media
- Manage “ad hoc” projects e.g., collecting recommendations from members, venue research, etc.
Assist with managing our Peer Circles program:
- Promote the Peer Circles program to NYHRPS members
- Coordinate and facilitate Peer Circles
To get involved or learn more, contact Kay Henry at firstname.lastname@example.org
“Through my NYHRPS involvement, I’ve developed new skills, expanded my network, met terrific people, and taken on assignments that stretch my capabilities. I’ve gotten back at least as much as I’ve invested.”